The Sun Joe SPX2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1740 PSI and flow of 1.59 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||12.5 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.24 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 10 x 31.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2000
The Sun Joe SPX2000, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
With a 12.5 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of 1740 PSI (roughly 29 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.59 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards), resulting in the Sun Joe SPX2000's cleaning power of 2766.6 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2000 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W10 x H31.5 in, the Sun Joe SPX2000 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2000 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 17.4 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6.5" wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX2000 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.24 gal tank. As the Sun Joe SPX2000 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX2000 also comes with wand, nozzle cleaner, power cord, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1740 PSI max pressure output, the Sun Joe SPX2000 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $80 to $110 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the WEN PW22 with a PSI of 2100.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.59 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- The 2766.6 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the SPX2000 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX with its 3690 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).