The Sun Joe SPX2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1740 PSI and flow of 1.59 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||12.5 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.24 gal, removable|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 10 x 31.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2000
The Sun Joe SPX2000 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
Powered by a 12.5 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump can deliver a pressure of 1740 PSI (around 29 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.59 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1150 PSI and rated flow is 1.24 GPM. Combined, these values mean that the Sun Joe SPX2000 has a cleaning power of 1426 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2000 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W10 x H31.5 in, the Sun Joe SPX2000 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2000 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 17.4 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two 6.5" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX2000 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.24 gal tank. It must be noted that the Sun Joe SPX2000 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a side hook. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX2000 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX2000, a device which can produce up to 1740 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $100-130 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Simpson CM60976, which reaches up to 2300 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.59 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1426 Cleaning Units of the SPX2000 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW1900 and its 3200 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1000 and 1500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- High GPM for the price
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- Low PSI for the price
- Low CU for the price
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).
Got this and was looking forward to using it. Very light compared to my old unit. Fairly easy to assemble. Started to use and amazed at the powerful spray. Now the disappointing part, and why I would not recommend this power washer: when moving the unit around the hose keeps popping off from the unit. There is a garden hose adapter that you attach to your garden hose. Then you attach the adapter to the water inlet port on the machine. But when you move the power washer around the garden hose adapter becomes uncoupled from the water inlet port of the washer. These connections are all cheap plastic instead of brass. So I went to a hardware store and bought a brass coupler that connects the garden hose to the washer port and still the same problem. This is because the port the coupler attaches to on the unit is made of the same cheap plastic. Very disappointing.