The Sun Joe SPX2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1740 PSI and flow of 1.59 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2000
The Sun Joe SPX2000 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Its axial (wobble plate) pump, which utilizes a 12.5 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1740 PSI (almost 29 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.59 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2766.6 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2000 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W10 x H31.5 in, the Sun Joe SPX2000 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2000 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 17.4 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6.5" wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX2000's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.24 gal tank. As the Sun Joe SPX2000 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX2000 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, wand, spray gun, power cord and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX2000 with its 1740 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $100-150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BIOP, which reaches up to 2400 PSI.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.59 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- The 2766.6 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the SPX2000 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BCMH, which can reach up to 4025 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.24 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 10 x 31.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).