The Sun Joe SPX2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1740 PSI and flow of 1.59 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2000
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX2000 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Powered by a 12.5 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump can deliver a pressure of 1740 PSI (around 29 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.59 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Sun Joe SPX2000 has a cleaning power of 2766.6 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2000 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W10 x H31.5 in, the Sun Joe SPX2000 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2000 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 17.4 lbs, it is very easily carried around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. A set of two 6.5" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX2000 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.24 gal tank. However, since the Sun Joe SPX2000 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a side hook. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX2000 also comes with wand, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 1740 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX2000 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $80 and $110. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BY02-BCOH, which reaches up to 2100 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.59 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the WEN PW20, with 1.76 GPM.
- The SPX2000, with its 2766.6 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the WEN PW20 with its 3572.8 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||12.5 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.24 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 10 x 31.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).