The Sun Joe SPX2005P is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2005P
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX2005P is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2100 PSI (roughly 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.8 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 3780 Cleaning Units.
The SPX2005P is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX2005P makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2005P convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 13 lbs, it is very easily carried around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. This light weight compensates for the fact that the SPX2005P doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
The Sun Joe SPX2005P's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX2005P allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX2005P also comes with wand, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, garden hose adapter, surface cleaner, pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX2005P's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2005P compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $180.
- Reaching a 2100 PSI max pressure output, the Sun Joe SPX2005P has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $170 to $200 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with a PSI of 2800.
- With a water flow of up to 1.8 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- Boasting with 3780 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the SPX2005P is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3500 and 4000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2005P is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, surface cleaner, high pressure hose, foam cannon, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2005P is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).