The Sun Joe SPX200E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1350 PSI and flow of 1.45 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||10 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 6.7 x 7.5 x 15 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX200E
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX200E is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
Using a 10 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of up to 1350 PSI (roughly 23 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.45 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 870 PSI and rated flow is 1.32 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1148.4 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX200E gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D6.7 x W7.5 x H15 in, the Sun Joe SPX200E makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX200E convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 9.2 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. Because the SPX200E is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX200E comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun. However, since the Sun Joe SPX200E does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX200E comes with power cord, wand, spray gun, nozzle cleaner and pressure hose.
The Sun Joe SPX200E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX200E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX200E, a device which can produce up to 1350 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $80-110 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX with a PSI of 2100.
- This washer reaches 1.45 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with a GPM of 1.8.
- With 1148.4 Cleaning Units, the SPX200E is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the WEN PW22 and its 2730 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1000 and 1500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX200E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX200E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).