The Sun Joe SPX200E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1350 PSI and flow of 1.45 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX200E
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX200E is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Its axial (wobble plate) pump, which utilizes a 10 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1350 PSI (almost 23 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.45 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1957.5 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX200E is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D6.7 x W7.5 x H15 in, the Sun Joe SPX200E makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX200E convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 9.2 lbs, it is very easily carried around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. Because the SPX200E is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX200E's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun. It must be noted that the Sun Joe SPX200E doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is included with the unit. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX200E comes with wand, pressure hose, spray gun, power cord and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX200E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX200E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX200E with its 1350 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $60-90 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the WEN PW19, which reaches up to 2000 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 1.45 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Pulsar PWE1600, with a GPM of 1.6.
- With 1957.5 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the SPX200E is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW19 and its 3200 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX200E is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 6.7 x 7.5 x 15 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX200E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).