The Sun Joe SPX200E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1350 PSI and flow of 1.45 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX200E
The Sun Joe SPX200E, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
The Sun Joe SPX200E's axial (wobble plate) pump, powered by a 10 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1350 PSI (approximately 23 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.45 GPM. The Sun Joe SPX200E thus has a cleaning power of 1957.5 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX200E's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D6.7 x W7.5 x H15 in, the Sun Joe SPX200E makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX200E convenience of transport.
Standing at only 9.2 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. Even though the SPX200E doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Sun Joe SPX200E comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun. As the Sun Joe SPX200E doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX200E comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, spray gun, power cord, nozzle cleaner and wand.
The Sun Joe SPX200E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX200E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX200E, a device which can produce up to 1350 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $40-80 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the WEN PW19 with a PSI of 2000.
- With a water flow of up to 1.45 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the WEN PW19, that can deliver up to 1.6 GPM.
- With 1957.5 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the SPX200E is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the WEN PW19 with its 3200 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX200E is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 6.7 x 7.5 x 15 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX200E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).