The Sun Joe SPX2500 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1885 PSI and flow of 1.59 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.1 x 15.7 x 29.7 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2500
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX2500 is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump can deliver a pressure of 1885 PSI (around 31 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.59 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are maximum values that can only be reached in specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1305 PSI and rated flow is 1.3 GPM. Combined, these values mean that the Sun Joe SPX2500 has a cleaning power of 1696.5 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX2500's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.1 x W15.7 x H29.7 in, the Sun Joe SPX2500 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2500 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 23.8 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 5" wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX2500 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.32 gal tank. The Sun Joe SPX2500 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX2500 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, spray gun, pressure hose, wand and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX2500's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2500 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX2500, which can reach a PSI of 1885, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $120 and $150. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX, which reaches up to 2800 PSI.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.59 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Westinghouse ePX3050, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- The SPX2500 has 1696.5 Cleaning Units, which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Westinghouse ePX3050, which can reach up to 3572.8 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).