The Sun Joe SPX2500 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1885 PSI and flow of 1.59 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2500
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX2500 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
The Sun Joe SPX2500's axial (wobble plate) pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1885 PSI (approximately 31 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.59 GPM. The Sun Joe SPX2500 thus has a cleaning power of 2997.15 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2500 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.1 x W15.7 x H29.7 in, the Sun Joe SPX2500 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2500 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 23.8 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two 5" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Sun Joe SPX2500's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.32 gal tank. As the Sun Joe SPX2500 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose is included with the unit. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX2500 comes with power cord, wand, spray gun, pressure hose and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX2500's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2500 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX2500, with a max water pressure of 1885 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the electric products in the $60-90 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the WEN PW19, which reaches up to 2000 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.59 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Pulsar PWE1600, that can deliver up to 1.6 GPM.
- The SPX2500, with its 2997.15 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW19 and its 3200 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2500 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.1 x 15.7 x 29.7 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).