The Sun Joe SPX2500 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1305 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2500
The Sun Joe SPX2500 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Using a 13 amp motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of up to 1305 PSI (roughly 22 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1696.5 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2500 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.1 x W15.7 x H29.7 in, the Sun Joe SPX2500 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2500 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 23.8 lbs. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 5" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Sun Joe SPX2500 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.32 gal tank. The Sun Joe SPX2500 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose is included with the unit. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX2500 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, wand, spray gun, power cord and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX2500's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2500 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX2500, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1305, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $100 to $150 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- With 1696.5 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the SPX2500 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BCMT with its 3675 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.1 x 15.7 x 29.7 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).