The Sun Joe SPX2500 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1885 PSI and flow of 1.59 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.1 x 15.7 x 29.7 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2500
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX2500 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of 1885 PSI (roughly 31 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.59 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1305 PSI and rated flow is 1.3 GPM, resulting in the Sun Joe SPX2500's cleaning power of 1696.5 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX2500's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.1 x W15.7 x H29.7 in, the Sun Joe SPX2500 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2500 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 23.8 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 5" wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX2500's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.32 gal tank. As the Sun Joe SPX2500 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX2500 also comes with pressure hose, power cord, nozzle cleaner, wand and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX2500's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2500 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX2500, with a max water pressure of 1885 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the electric products in the $100-130 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000 with 2030 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.59 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- With 1696.5 Cleaning Units, the SPX2500 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Kärcher K3 Follow Me and its 2340 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2500 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).