The Sun Joe SPX2597 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14.5 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.26 gal, removable|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.2 x 12.1 x 31.7 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5.8"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2597
The Sun Joe SPX2597, a light to medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
The Sun Joe SPX2597's axial (wobble plate) pump, powered by a 14.5 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1900 PSI (approximately 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1450 PSI and rated flow is 1.24 GPM. The Sun Joe SPX2597 thus has a cleaning power of 1798 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX2597's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.2 x W12.1 x H31.7 in, the Sun Joe SPX2597 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2597 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 16.8 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 5.8" wheels.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX2597 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.26 gal tank. It must be noted that the Sun Joe SPX2597 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a side hook. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX2597 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, power cord, wand and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX2597's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2597 compared to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $140.
- The Sun Joe SPX2597, with a maximum pressure output of 1900 PSI, had an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $120 to $150 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Simpson CM60976 with 2300 PSI.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) was higher than the average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Westinghouse ePX3050, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1798 Cleaning Units of the SPX2597 ranked as low. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Westinghouse ePX3050 and its 3608 Cleaning Units.
The bottom line
- High GPM for the price
- Decent PSI for the price
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- Low CU for the price
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2597 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).