The Sun Joe SPX2597 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2597
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX2597 is a light to medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
With a 14.5 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of 1900 PSI (roughly 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM, resulting in the Sun Joe SPX2597's cleaning power of 3040 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2597 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.2 x W12.1 x H31.7 in, the Sun Joe SPX2597 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2597 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 16.8 lbs. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 5.8" wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX2597's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.26 gal tank. It must be noted that the Sun Joe SPX2597 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a side hook. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX2597 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, wand, nozzle cleaner, spray gun and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX2597's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2597 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 1900 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX2597 is one of the electric products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $80 to $110 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BY02-BCOH with 2100 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the WEN PW20, with a GPM of 1.76.
- Reaching up to 3040 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the SPX2597 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the WEN PW20 with its 3572.8 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2597 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14.5 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.26 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.2 x 12.1 x 31.7 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5.8"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2597 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).