The Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX
The Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump can deliver a pressure of 2000 PSI (around 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1500 PSI and rated flow is 1.2 GPM. Combined, these values mean that the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX has a cleaning power of 1800 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2598-MAX is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2598-MAX convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 15.8 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, pressure hose, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX, reaching a PSI of up to 2000, is one of the more powerful electric units in $100-130 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX with 2100 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- With 1800 Cleaning Units, the SPX2598-MAX is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Pulsar PWE2001V with its 3200 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).