The Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump can deliver a pressure of 2000 PSI (around 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM. Combined, these values mean that the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX has a cleaning power of 3200 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2598-MAX gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2598-MAX convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 15.8 lbs, it is very easily carried around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, spray gun, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2000 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $80 and $110. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the WEN PW22 that can reach up to 2100 PSI.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- The SPX2598-MAX, which reaches up to 3200 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, which can reach up to 3690 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).