The Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2050 PSI and flow of 1.65 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX is a medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
The Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2050 PSI (approximately 34 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.65 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1600 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. The Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX thus has a cleaning power of 1760 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2680-MAX is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2680-MAX convenience of transport.
Standing at only 16.3 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two solid wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as garden hose adapter, power cord, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and wand.
The Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2050 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $100 and $130. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse EPX3500 that can reach up to 2500 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.65 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with a GPM of 1.8.
- The SPX2680-MAX ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 1760 CU (PSI x GPM). In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the WEN PW1900 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Onboard storage
- High PSI for the price
- High GPM for the price
- Could include more nozzles
- Low CU for the price
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).
works pretty good . nosel hose could be a little longer or have extension and the placement of the nossel to machine is kinda in a difficult position when trying to move around . perhaps if possibly have it on top with a swivel connector would be pretty ideal .. I wouldn’t suggest it for blowing out my gutter or washing my car .