The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX is a medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2100 PSI (almost 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.8 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1600 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1760 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2690-MAX convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 17.8 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two solid wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as nozzle cleaner, spray gun, power cord, wand, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and pressure hose.
The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $160.
- The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX, which can reach up to 2100 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $150 and $180. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX3550, which reaches up to 2350 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.8 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1760 Cleaning Units of the SPX2690-MAX rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW21 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).