The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX
The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2100 PSI (approximately 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.8 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1600 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX thus has a cleaning power of 1760 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2690-MAX convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 17.8 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two solid wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, nozzle cleaner, wand and pressure hose.
The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2100 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $150 and $180. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse ePX3500 with a PSI of 2500.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.8 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- With 1760 Cleaning Units, the SPX2690-MAX is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the AR Blue Clean AR390SS and its 2800 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).