The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.65 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2100 PSI (approximately 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.65 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX thus has a cleaning power of 3465 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2700-MAX is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2700-MAX convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 17 lbs. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. Because the SPX2700-MAX is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wheel brush, nozzle cleaner, garden hose adapter, utility brush, wand, power cord, spray gun, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and pressure hose.
The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX, which can reach up to 2100 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $120 and $150. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3500 with 2300 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.65 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, with 1.76 GPM.
- The SPX2700-MAX, which reaches up to 3465 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BCMH, which can reach up to 4025 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, wheel brush, utility brush, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).