The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.65 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, wheel brush, utility brush, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2100 PSI (approximately 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.65 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1800 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX thus has a cleaning power of 1980 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX2700-MAX gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX2700-MAX convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 17 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. Because the SPX2700-MAX is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, garden hose adapter, wand, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wheel brush, utility brush, pressure hose, power cord and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX, which can reach up to 2100 PSI, has one of the highest pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $70 and $100.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.65 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- The SPX2700-MAX, with its 1980 Cleaning Units sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the WEN PW22 with its 2730 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).