The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 1.65 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Other model numbers||SPX3000-XT1|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14 x 16 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, wheel brush, utility brush, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of 2200 PSI (roughly 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.65 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1700 PSI and rated flow is 1.2 GPM, resulting in the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM's cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
The SPX3000 XTREAM is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14 x W16 x H34 in, the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3000 XTREAM convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 28.4 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two solid wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wheel brush, spray gun, power cord, utility brush, nozzle cleaner, garden hose adapter, pressure hose and wand.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2200 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $170 and $200. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3501 with 2300 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.65 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX4001, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The SPX3000 XTREAM's Cleaning Units, 2040 CU, fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Stanley SHP2150 and its 3010 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).