The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 1.65 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Other model numbers||SPX3000-XT1|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14 x 16 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, wheel brush, utility brush, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump can deliver a pressure of 2200 PSI (around 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.65 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1700 PSI and rated flow is 1.2 GPM. Combined, these values mean that the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM has a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX3000 XTREAM is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14 x W16 x H34 in, the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3000 XTREAM convenience of transport.
Standing at only 28.4 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM comes with pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), nozzle cleaner, wheel brush, utility brush, garden hose adapter, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 2200 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is one of the electric products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $170 to $200 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3501 with a PSI of 2300.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.65 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, with a GPM of 1.8.
- With 2040 Cleaning Units, the SPX3000 XTREAM is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the WEN PW21 with its 3572.8 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).