The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 1.65 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM
The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
Its axial (wobble plate) pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2200 PSI (almost 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.65 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 3630 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX3000 XTREAM gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14 x W16 x H34 in, the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3000 XTREAM convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 28.4 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wheel brush, utility brush, nozzle cleaner, power cord, pressure hose, wand, garden hose adapter, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM, which can reach a PSI of 2200, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $195 and $255. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4600 with 3000 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 1.65 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK, with a GPM of 1.75.
- The SPX3000 XTREAM, with its 3630 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3500 and 4000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Other model numbers||SPX3000-XT1|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14 x 16 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, wheel brush, utility brush, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).