The Sun Joe SPX3000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2030 PSI and flow of 1.76 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14.5 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||2x 0.24 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15.6 x 13.5 x 33.9 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3000
The Sun Joe SPX3000, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial (wobble plate) pump, which utilizes a 14.5 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2030 PSI (almost 34 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.76 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1450 PSI and rated flow is 1.24 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1798 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX3000 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D15.6 x W13.5 x H33.9 in, the Sun Joe SPX3000 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3000 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 23.4 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two solid wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Two different detergent solutions can be used to match your needs, thanks to a dual soap tank system. Each tank has a capacity of 0.24 gal. The Sun Joe SPX3000 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX3000's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX3000 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, power cord, wand and garden hose adapter.
The Sun Joe SPX3000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2030 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX3000 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $120 and $150. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Stanley SHP2150 with 2150 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.76 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- With 1798 Cleaning Units, the SPX3000 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Westinghouse ePX3050 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).