The Sun Joe SPX3001 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2030 PSI and flow of 1.76 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14.5 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.4 x 16.5 x 33.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3001
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX3001 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 14.5 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of up to 2030 PSI (roughly 34 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.76 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1450 PSI and rated flow is 1.24 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1798 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX3001 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.4 x W16.5 x H33.5 in, the Sun Joe SPX3001 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3001 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 29.8 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. A set of two solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX3001 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.32 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using a dial. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Sun Joe SPX3001's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX3001 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, power cord, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner and wand.
The Sun Joe SPX3001's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3001 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 2030 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX3001 is one of the electric products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $120 to $150 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3220 with a PSI of 2300.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.76 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- The SPX3001's Cleaning Units, 1798 CU, fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Stanley SHP2150 and its 3010 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3001 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3001 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).