The Sun Joe SPX3160 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.45 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (104°F max.)
|11 amp, universal
|Via foam cannon
(D x W x H)
|4 wheels, solid
|Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3160
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX3160 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
With a 11 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1600 PSI (roughly 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.45 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1150 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM, resulting in the Sun Joe SPX3160's cleaning power of 1265 Cleaning Units.
The SPX3160 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX3160 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3160 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 11.9 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features four solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Sun Joe SPX3160's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a side hook. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX3160 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get garden hose adapter, power cord, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wand and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX3160's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3160 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX3160 and its 1600 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $100 and $130. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4003-ULT with 2200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 1.45, can be considered in the average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1265 Cleaning Units of the SPX3160 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW1900 and its 3200 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 900 and 1600 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3160 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3160 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).