The Sun Joe SPX3160 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.45 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||11 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||4 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3160
The Sun Joe SPX3160 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
The Sun Joe SPX3160's axial pump, powered by a 11 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (approximately 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.45 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are maximum values that can only be reached in specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1150 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. The Sun Joe SPX3160 thus has a cleaning power of 1265 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX3160 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX3160 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3160 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 11.9 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. A set of four solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX3160 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX3160 comes with foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, nozzle cleaner, wand, pressure hose, power cord and garden hose adapter.
The Sun Joe SPX3160's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3160 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX3160 with its 1600 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $120-150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX, which reaches up to 2800 PSI.
- This washer reaches 1.45 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Westinghouse ePX3050, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The SPX3160's Cleaning Units, 1265 CU, fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Westinghouse ePX3050 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1000 and 1500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3160 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3160 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).