The Sun Joe SPX3200 Go Anywhere is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2030 PSI and flow of 1.76 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||0.2 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 15.4 x 13.3 x 13.3 in|
|Wheels||4 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3200
The Sun Joe SPX3200 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 14.5 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2030 PSI (roughly 34 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.76 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1450 PSI and rated flow is 1.24 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1798 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX3200 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L15.4 x W13.3 x H13.3 in, the Sun Joe SPX3200 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3200 convenience of transport. The handle’s design prevents it from falling apart, since it is molded in the frame.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 27.5 lbs. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features four solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Sun Joe SPX3200 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.2 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using a dial. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX3200 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually selected, using the pressure adjusting knob located on the front of the unit. It allows you to choose between a low setting (1036 PSI) and a high setting (1450 PSI).
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX3200 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, pressure hose, spray gun, nozzle cleaner and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX3200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2030 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX3200 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $170 and $200. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3501 with a PSI of 2300.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.76 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- The SPX3200 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 1798 CU. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Stanley SHP2150 with its 3010 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3200 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).