The Sun Joe SPX3200 Go Anywhere is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2030 PSI and flow of 1.76 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||0.2 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 15.4 x 13.3 x 13.3 in|
|Wheels||4 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3200
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX3200 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 14.5 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2030 PSI (almost 34 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.76 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1450 PSI and rated flow is 1.24 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1798 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX3200 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L15.4 x W13.3 x H13.3 in, the Sun Joe SPX3200 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3200 convenience of transport. The handle remains sturdy and will never fall apart, as it is molded in the frame.
With a weight of only 27.5 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of four solid wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX3200's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.2 gal tank. The washer has a dial that allows the user to manually select the detergent dilution ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX3200 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually selected, using the pressure adjusting knob located on the front of the unit. It allows you to choose between a low setting (1036 PSI) and a high setting (1450 PSI).
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX3200 comes with pressure hose, wand, nozzle cleaner, power cord and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX3200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX3200, reaching a PSI of up to 2030, is one of the more powerful electric units in $150-180 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX3220, which reaches up to 2300 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.76 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- The SPX3200's Cleaning Units, 1798 CU, fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Pulsar PWE2000 with its 3200 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3200 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).