The Sun Joe SPX3220 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.65 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap tank||0.21 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 12.5 x 14 in|
|Wheels||4 wheels, ⌀6", solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3220
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX3220 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2300 PSI (roughly 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.65 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1800 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1980 Cleaning Units.
The SPX3220 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L20 x W12.5 x H14 in, the Sun Joe SPX3220 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3220 convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 26.4 lbs. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of four 6" solid wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX3220 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.21 gal tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX3220's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually selected, using the pressure adjusting knob located on the front of the unit. It allows you to choose between a low setting (1050 PSI) and a high setting (1800 PSI).
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX3220 also comes with wand, nozzle cleaner, garden hose adapter, power cord, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX3220's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3220 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2300 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX3220 ranks as one that can reach the highest pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $120 and $150.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.65 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX3000 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 1980 Cleaning Units of the SPX3220 are average. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the AR Blue Clean AR383 and its 2850 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3220 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3220 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).