The Sun Joe SPX3220 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.65 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap tank||0.21 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 12.5 x 14 in|
|Wheels||4 wheels, ⌀6", solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3220
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX3220 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 2300 PSI (around 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.65 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Sun Joe SPX3220 has a cleaning power of 3795 Cleaning Units.
The SPX3220 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L20 x W12.5 x H14 in, the Sun Joe SPX3220 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3220 convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
With a weight of only 26.4 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of four 6" solid wheels.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX3220 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.21 gal tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Sun Joe SPX3220's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually selected, using the pressure adjusting knob located on the front of the unit. It allows you to choose between a low setting (1050 PSI) and a high setting (1800 PSI).
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX3220 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as power cord, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, pressure hose, wand and garden hose adapter.
The Sun Joe SPX3220's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3220 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 2300 PSI max pressure output, the Sun Joe SPX3220 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $195 to $255 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4600 with a PSI of 3000.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.65 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Realm BY02-BIMK has the highest GPM of 1.75.
- Boasting with 3795 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the SPX3220 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3500 and 4000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3220 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3220 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).