The Sun Joe SPX3500 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.48 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3500
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX3500 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 2300 PSI (roughly 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.48 GPM, resulting in the Sun Joe SPX3500's cleaning power of 3404 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX3500 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D16.7 x W14.5 x H36 in, the Sun Joe SPX3500 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3500 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 36.8 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Sun Joe SPX3500's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.32 gal tank. The device has a dial which allows you to manually select the detergent dilution ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Sun Joe SPX3500's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX3500 comes with pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, wand and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX3500's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3500 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 2300 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX3500 is one of the electric products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $150 to $210 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 1.48 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the WEN PW21, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The SPX3500, with its 3404 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.7 x 14.5 x 36 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).