The Sun Joe SPX3501 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.48 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3501
The Sun Joe SPX3501, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 2300 PSI (around 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.48 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Sun Joe SPX3501 has a cleaning power of 3404 Cleaning Units.
The SPX3501 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D16.7 x W14.5 x H36 in, the Sun Joe SPX3501 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3501 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 41 lbs, it is very easily carried around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Sun Joe SPX3501's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.32 gal tank. The washer has a dial that allows the user to manually select the detergent dilution ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX3501 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX3501 comes with power cord, wand, spray gun, pressure hose and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX3501's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3501 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX3501, with a max water pressure of 2300 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the electric products in the $195-255 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK with 2600 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.48 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK, that can deliver up to 1.75 GPM.
- Reaching up to 3404 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the SPX3501 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3501 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.7 x 14.5 x 36 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3501 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).