The Sun Joe SPX3501 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.48 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.7 x 14.5 x 36 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3501
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX3501 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp induction motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2300 PSI (roughly 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.48 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 2000 PSI and rated flow is 1.09 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2180 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX3501 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D16.7 x W14.5 x H36 in, the Sun Joe SPX3501 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3501 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 41 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX3501 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.32 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using a dial. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX3501 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX3501 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, power cord and pressure hose.
The Sun Joe SPX3501's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3501 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 2300 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX3501 is one of the electric products that can produce the highest water pressure, in the $170 to $200 price range.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.48 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, with 1.8 GPM.
- The SPX3501 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2180 CU (PSI x GPM). If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW21 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3501 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3501 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).