The Sun Joe SPX3501 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.48 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3501
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX3501 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2300 PSI (almost 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.48 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 3404 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX3501 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D16.7 x W14.5 x H36 in, the Sun Joe SPX3501 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3501 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 41 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two solid wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX3501's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.32 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using a dial. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Sun Joe SPX3501's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX3501 comes with wand, pressure hose, spray gun, power cord and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX3501's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3501 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX3501, which can reach up to 2300 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $180 and $255. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX that can reach up to 2800 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 1.48 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2005P has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- The SPX3501, with its 3404 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BIMK with its 4550 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3501 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.7 x 14.5 x 36 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3501 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).