The Sun Joe SPX3550 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2350 PSI and flow of 1.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14.9 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15 x 17 x 36 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX3550
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX3550 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 14.9 amp induction motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 2350 PSI (around 39 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.8 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Sun Joe SPX3550 has a cleaning power of 4230 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX3550 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D15 x W17 x H36 in, the Sun Joe SPX3550 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX3550 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 24 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. A set of two solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Sun Joe SPX3550 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.32 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using a dial. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX3550's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX3550 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, pressure hose, power cord, garden hose adapter, wand and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX3550's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX3550 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX3550, with a maximum pressure output of 2350 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $255 to $300 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMH-3000 with 3000 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.8 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2700 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 4230 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the SPX3550 are average. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Greenworks GPW2700 with its 6210 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 4000 and 4500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX3550 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX3550 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).