The Sun Joe SPX4003 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX4003
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX4003 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
The Sun Joe SPX4003's axial pump, powered by a 14.5 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (approximately 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM. The Sun Joe SPX4003 thus has a cleaning power of 1760 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX4003's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W19 x H37 in, the Sun Joe SPX4003 offers great mobility. The robust and sturdy metal frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX4003 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 27.3 lbs. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 8" wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX4003 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.42 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using a dial. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX4003 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as power cord, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, wand and pressure hose.
The Sun Joe SPX4003's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX4003 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX4003, a device which can produce up to 1600 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $200-250 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Ryobi RY142300 with a PSI of 2300.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Powerhorse 157055 has the highest GPM of 1.5.
- The SPX4003 has 1760 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which is considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Kärcher K5 Premium and its 2800 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX4003 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||0.42 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19 x 37 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX4003 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).