The Sun Joe SPX4003 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||0.42 gal, removable|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19 x 37 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX4003
The Sun Joe SPX4003, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
Using a 14.5 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2200 PSI (roughly 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1600 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1760 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX4003 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Sun Joe SPX4003 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W19 x H37 in. The robust and sturdy metal frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX4003 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 27.3 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 8" wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX4003 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.42 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using a dial. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the unit is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Fan Spray' pattern.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX4003 also comes with nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, wand, spray gun and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX4003's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX4003 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX4003, reaching a PSI of up to 2200, is one of the more powerful electric units in $150-180 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse ePX3500 with 2500 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.6 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX, which can reach up to 1.8 GPM.
- With 1760 Cleaning Units, the SPX4003 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the AR Blue Clean AR390SS, which can reach up to 2800 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX4003 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX4003 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).