The Sun Joe SPX4501 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 1.48 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX4501
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX4501 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (almost 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.48 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 3700 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX4501 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Sun Joe SPX4501 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.5 x W18.5 x H35.4 in. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX4501 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 45.9 lbs. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 9.5" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX4501 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 1 gal tank. The washer has a dial that allows the user to manually select the detergent dilution ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Sun Joe SPX4501's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX4501 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, pressure hose, power cord, nozzle cleaner and wand.
The Sun Joe SPX4501's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX4501 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 2500 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX4501 is one of the electric products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $240 to $300 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BY02-BIMH-3000 with 3000 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 1.48, can be considered in the average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Greenworks GPW2700, with a GPM of 2.3.
- The 3700 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the SPX4501 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Greenworks GPW2700 and its 6210 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3500 and 4000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX4501 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 18.5 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX4501 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).