The Sun Joe SPX4501 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 1.48 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX4501
The Sun Joe SPX4501, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 2500 PSI (around 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.48 GPM. Combined, these values mean that the Sun Joe SPX4501 has a cleaning power of 3700 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX4501 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Sun Joe SPX4501 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.5 x W18.5 x H35.4 in. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX4501 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 45.9 lbs. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 9.5" wheels.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX4501 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 1 gal tank. The washer has a dial that allows the user to manually select the detergent dilution ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX4501's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX4501 also comes with wand, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, spray gun and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX4501's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX4501 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX4501, reaching a PSI of up to 2500, is one of the more powerful electric units in $225-315 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4601 that can reach up to 3000 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.48 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS, with 1.7 GPM.
- The SPX4501, which reaches up to 3700 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS and its 3910 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3500 and 4000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX4501 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 18.5 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX4501 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).