The Sun Joe SPX4501 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 1.48 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 18.5 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX4501
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX4501 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (almost 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.48 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 2000 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2200 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX4501 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Sun Joe SPX4501 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.5 x W18.5 x H35.4 in. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX4501 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 45.9 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 9.5" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Sun Joe SPX4501 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 1 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio is selected manually, via a dedicated dial. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX4501's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX4501 comes with wand, spray gun, power cord, pressure hose and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX4501's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX4501 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2500 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX4501 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $255 and $300. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Greenworks GPW2700 with 2700 PSI.
- This washer reaches 1.48 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2700, which can reach up to 2.3 GPM.
- The SPX4501 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2200 CU (PSI x GPM). If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Greenworks GPW2700, which can reach up to 3240 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX4501 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX4501 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).