The Sun Joe SPX4601 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14.5 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 18.5 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.4"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX4601
The Sun Joe SPX4601 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Sun Joe SPX4601's axial pump, powered by a 14.5 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (approximately 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). The Sun Joe SPX4601 thus has a cleaning power of 3900 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX4601 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.5 x W18.5 x H35.4 in, the Sun Joe SPX4601 offers great mobility. The robust metal frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX4601 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 45.4 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 9.4" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Sun Joe SPX4601's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 1 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using a dial. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Sun Joe SPX4601's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX4601 comes with wand, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, power cord and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX4601's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX4601 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX4601, which can reach up to 3000 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $300 and $400. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4800 that can reach up to 3200 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, which can reach up to 2.3 GPM.
- With the SPX4601's 3900 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to electric units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Greenworks GPW3000 and its 6000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3500 and 4000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX4601 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX4601 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).