The Sun Joe SPX4601 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX4601
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX4601 is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 14.5 amp induction motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 3000 PSI (roughly 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM, resulting in the Sun Joe SPX4601's cleaning power of 3900 Cleaning Units.
The SPX4601 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.5 x W18.5 x H35.4 in, the Sun Joe SPX4601 offers great mobility. The robust metal frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX4601 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 45.4 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. A set of two 9.4" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Sun Joe SPX4601 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 1 gal tank. The device has a dial which allows you to manually select the detergent dilution ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX4601's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX4601 comes with spray gun, pressure hose, wand, power cord and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX4601's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX4601 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 3000 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX4601 is one of the electric products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $300 to $400 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX4800 with 3200 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW3000, which can reach up to 2 GPM.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 3900 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the SPX4601 are average. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Greenworks GPW3000, which can reach up to 6000 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3500 and 4000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX4601 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14.5 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 18.5 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.4"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX4601 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).