The Sun Joe SPX4601 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14.5 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 18.5 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.4"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX4601
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX4601 is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 14.5 amp induction motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 3000 PSI (around 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 2300 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. Combined, these values mean that the Sun Joe SPX4601 has a cleaning power of 2530 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX4601 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.5 x W18.5 x H35.4 in, the Sun Joe SPX4601 offers great mobility. Its sturdy metal frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX4601 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 45.4 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 9.4" wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX4601 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 1 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using a dial. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Sun Joe SPX4601's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX4601 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, power cord and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX4601's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX4601 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX4601, reaching a PSI of up to 3000, is one of the most powerful electric units in $300-400 price range.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, which can reach up to 2.3 GPM.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2530 Cleaning Units of the SPX4601 are average. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Greenworks GPW3000 with its 3300 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX4601 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX4601 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).