The Sun Joe SPX4800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX4800
The Sun Joe SPX4800, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Sun Joe SPX4800's axial cam pump, powered by a 14.9 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). The Sun Joe SPX4800 thus has a cleaning power of 4160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX4800 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D25.8 x W17.1 x H17.4 in, the Sun Joe SPX4800 offers great mobility. The strong metal frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX4800 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 37 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX4800 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. The unit features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX4800 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX4800 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, nozzle cleaner, garden hose adapter, wand, pressure hose and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX4800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX4800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3200 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX4800 ranks as one that can reach the highest pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $300 and $400.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW3000 has the highest GPM of 2.
- The SPX4800, with its 4160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Greenworks GPW3000, which can reach up to 6000 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3900 and 4600 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX4800 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14.9 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 25.8 x 17.1 x 17.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX4800 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).