The Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14.9 amp, induction|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 14.9 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (almost 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 2500 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2750 Cleaning Units.
The SPX8000-PRO is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX8000-PRO convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 46.5 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. A set of two never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get power cord, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, wand, garden hose adapter, pressure hose and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO, with a max water pressure of 3200 PSI, has one of the highest PSI values of the electric products in the $300-400 price range.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Greenworks GPW2700, with a GPM of 2.3.
- Reaching up to 2750 Cleaning Units, the SPX8000-PRO is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Greenworks GPW2700, which can reach up to 3240 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Induction motor
- Onboard storage
- High PSI for the price
- High CU for the price
- Could include more nozzles
- Low GPM for the price
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).