The Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1300 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13.5 amp, induction|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 18.1 x 10.5 x 12.3 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO
The Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
The Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO's axial pump, powered by a 13.5 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1300 PSI (approximately 22 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1000 PSI and rated flow is 1.8 GPM. The Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO thus has a cleaning power of 1800 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX9004-PRO gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L18.1 x W10.5 x H12.3 in, the Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX9004-PRO convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 43 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. Even though the SPX9004-PRO doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. As the Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Wall-mountable: The unit can be stored on the wall thanks to a wall mount kit (not included). This is a welcomed feature when we need a neater storage solution or to clean the same area regularly (garage, barn, workshop, storage room, etc.)
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO also comes with nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, power cord, spray gun and wand.
The Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1300, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $300 to $400 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3200e that can reach up to 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, that can deliver up to 2.3 GPM.
- With 1800 Cleaning Units, the SPX9004-PRO is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Westinghouse WPX3200e with its 3080 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Induction motor
- Good range of nozzles included
- Several security features
- High GPM for the price
- No soap tank
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- No pressure hose storage
- Wall mount kit not included
- No onboard storage
- Low PSI for the price
- Low CU for the price
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).