The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1000 PSI and flow of 1.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13.5 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1000 PSI (almost 17 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.8 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1800 Cleaning Units.
The SPX9005-PRO is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22.3 x W18.3 x H35.4 in. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX9005-PRO convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 57.3 lbs. Its motor and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. The SPX9005-PRO can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 9.5" wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 1 gal tank. The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as power cord, wand, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1000, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $300 to $400 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Powerhorse 157065 that can reach up to 2200 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.8 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, that can deliver up to 2.3 GPM.
- The SPX9005-PRO has 1800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which is considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Greenworks GPW2200 and its 5060 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22.3 x 18.3 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).