The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1300 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO
The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13.5 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1300 PSI (almost 22 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2600 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22.3 x W18.3 x H35.4 in. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX9005-PRO convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 57.3 lbs. Its motor and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 9.5" wheels, the SPX9005-PRO remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 1 gal tank. The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, pressure hose, power cord, nozzle cleaner and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO with its 1300 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $300-400 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Greenworks GPW3000, which reaches up to 3000 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 2 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2600 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the SPX9005-PRO rank as low. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Greenworks GPW3000 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22.3 x 18.3 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX9005-PRO is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).