The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1000 PSI and flow of 1.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13.5 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1000 PSI (roughly 17 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.8 GPM, resulting in the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO's cleaning power of 1800 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22.3 x W18.3 x H35.4 in. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX9006-PRO convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 62.4 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its motor and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the SPX9006-PRO does have a set of two 9.5" wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 1 gal tank. The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, wand, power cord, spray gun and pressure hose.
The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1000, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $300 to $400 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Powerhorse 157065 with 2200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.8 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, which can reach up to 2.3 GPM.
- The SPX9006-PRO ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 1800 CU (PSI x GPM). If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Greenworks GPW2200 and its 5060 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22.3 x 18.3 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).