The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1300 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13.5 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22.3 x 18.3 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
Using a 13.5 amp induction motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1300 PSI (roughly 22 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1000 PSI and rated flow is 1.8 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1800 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX9006-PRO gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22.3 x W18.3 x H35.4 in, the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO provides great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX9006-PRO convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 62.4 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. A major component of its weight are its motor and steel frame. But, as the SPX9006-PRO does have a set of two 9.5" wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 1 gal tank. The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO also comes with nozzle cleaner, wand, power cord, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO, a device which can produce up to 1300 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $375-500 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4800 that can reach up to 3200 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 2 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- The SPX9006-PRO has 1800 Cleaning Units, which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Ryobi RY143011 and its 3300 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Induction motor
- Good range of nozzles included
- Hose reel
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- High GPM for the price
- On the expensive side
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- Low PSI for the price
- Low CU for the price
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).