The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1300 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13.5 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1300 PSI (almost 22 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2600 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX9006-PRO is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22.3 x W18.3 x H35.4 in. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX9006-PRO convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 62.4 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its motor and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 9.5" wheels, the SPX9006-PRO remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 1 gal tank. It must be noted that the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO comes with nozzle cleaner, power cord, wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO with its 1300 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $400-500 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the AR Blue Clean MAXX3000 with 3000 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 2 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2200 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- The SPX9006-PRO ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2600 CU (PSI x GPM). If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Greenworks GPW2200 with its 5060 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13.5 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22.3 x 18.3 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).