The Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO's axial pump, powered by a 13.5 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (approximately 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM. The Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO thus has a cleaning power of 2880 Cleaning Units.
The SPX9008-PRO is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22.3 x W18.3 x H35.4 in, the Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO provides great mobility. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX9008-PRO convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 57.3 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its motor and its steel frame. However, the two 9.5" wheels allow the SPX9008-PRO to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 1 gal tank. The Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as power cord, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
The Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 1800 PSI max pressure output, the Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $300-400 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Greenworks GPW3000 with 3000 PSI.
- This washer reaches 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO, with a GPM of 2.
- The SPX9008-PRO, with its 2880 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Greenworks GPW3000 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22.3 x 18.3 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX9008-PRO is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).