The Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1400 PSI and flow of 1.35 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO
The Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13.5 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1400 PSI (roughly 23 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.35 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1890 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX9009-PRO gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22.3 x W18.3 x H35.4 in. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SPX9009-PRO convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 63.4 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its motor and its steel frame. But, as the SPX9009-PRO does have a set of two 9.5" wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 1 gal tank. As the Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO comes with wand, power cord, pressure hose, spray gun and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO, which can reach a PSI of 1400, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $325 and $575. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Powerhorse 157065 with 2200 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.35 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, with 2.3 GPM.
- The SPX9009-PRO has 1890 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which is considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Greenworks GPW2200 and its 5060 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22.3 x 18.3 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX9009-PRO is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).