The WEN PW1900 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 15.8 x 9 x 12 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 36 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the WEN PW1900
In summary, the WEN PW1900 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 2000 PSI (roughly 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the WEN PW1900's cleaning power of 3200 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PW1900 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 36 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L15.8 x W9 x H12 in, the WEN PW1900 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PW1900 convenience of transport. The handle’s design prevents it from falling apart, since it is molded in the frame.
Because the device weighs just 14.3 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. Even though the PW1900 doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
Along with the WEN PW1900 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 16.5 ft high-pressure hose is included with the unit. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: This unit includes a classic ergonomic spray gun and a versatile wand. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the WEN PW1900 comes with nozzle cleaner, power cord, pressure hose, spray gun, wand and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The WEN PW1900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the WEN PW1900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2000 PSI, the WEN PW1900 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $100 and $130. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse ePX3500 with 2500 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- The PW1900, with its 3200 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the WEN PW1900 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in 1951 by Nick Anton, WEN has been producing power tools for decades. Their long line of products includes bench grinders, drill presses, nailers, saws, and sanders. They also produce outdoor power equipment such as chainsaws, pressure washers, and generators. WEN helped to pioneer random orbital technology found in sanders and polishing tools. The company is headquartered outside of Chicago in Elgin, Illinois. While their products are manufactured in China, parts and stock warehouses are located in Illinois and California. Their stated goal is to assist woodworkers and artisans worldwide to achieve their wildest dreams.
The WEN PW1900 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of WEN pressure washers, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.