The WEN PW2800 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||General Pump Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.25 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26 x 19.5 x 39.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the WEN PW2800
In a nutshell, the WEN PW2800 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The WEN PW2800's axial cam pump, powered by a 173 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2800 PSI (approximately 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The WEN PW2800 thus has a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
The engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The WEN PW2800 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26 x W19.5 x H39.5 in. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the PW2800 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 61 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 173 cc engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the PW2800 does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The WEN PW2800's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.25 gal tank. As the WEN PW2800 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The WEN PW2800 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The WEN PW2800 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, pressure hose, spray gun and nozzle cleaner.
- Emissions: The WEN PW2800 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The WEN PW2800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the WEN PW2800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $270.
- The WEN PW2800, which can reach a PSI of 2800, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $240 and $300. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Simpson CM61083 with 3400 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Powerhorse 89897, with a GPM of 2.6.
- The 6440 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the PW2800 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Simpson CM61083 and its 8500 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the WEN PW2800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1951 by Nick Anton, WEN has been producing power tools for decades. Their long line of products includes bench grinders, drill presses, nailers, saws, and sanders. They also produce outdoor power equipment such as chainsaws, pressure washers, and generators. WEN helped to pioneer random orbital technology found in sanders and polishing tools. The company is headquartered outside of Chicago in Elgin, Illinois. While their products are manufactured in China, parts and stock warehouses are located in Illinois and California. Their stated goal is to assist woodworkers and artisans worldwide to achieve their wildest dreams.
The WEN PW2800 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of WEN pressure washers, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.