The WEN PW3100 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||208cc 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||General Pump Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.25 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26 x 19.5 x 39.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the WEN PW3100
The WEN PW3100 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a powerful 208 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (almost 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.9 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26 x W19.5 x H39.5 in, the WEN PW3100 offers great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded handle adds to the PW3100 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 67 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 208 cc engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the PW3100 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The WEN PW3100's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.25 gal tank. It must be noted that the WEN PW3100 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the WEN PW3100's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the WEN PW3100 also comes with wand, nozzle cleaner, spray gun and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The WEN PW3100 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The WEN PW3100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the WEN PW3100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3100 PSI max pressure output, the WEN PW3100 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $400-500 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the DeWalt DXPW3425, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.5, can be considered in the average. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370 has the highest GPM of 3.
- The 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the PW3100 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the WEN PW3100 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- Decent PSI for the price
- Decent GPM for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- No detergent dilution mechanism
Founded in 1951 by Nick Anton, WEN has been producing power tools for decades. Their long line of products includes bench grinders, drill presses, nailers, saws, and sanders. They also produce outdoor power equipment such as chainsaws, pressure washers, and generators. WEN helped to pioneer random orbital technology found in sanders and polishing tools. The company is headquartered outside of Chicago in Elgin, Illinois. While their products are manufactured in China, parts and stock warehouses are located in Illinois and California. Their stated goal is to assist woodworkers and artisans worldwide to achieve their wildest dreams.
The WEN PW3100 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of WEN pressure washers, please consult WEN's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-847-429-9263.
This seems to have the same 208 cc engine that powered the 3200 psi unit that was sold last year and does not start the next year. Think in thos equipment if you want to invest in an equipment for a single season. Look somewhere else otherwise.