The Westinghouse ePX3050 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2030 PSI and flow of 1.76 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Westinghouse ePX3050
The Westinghouse ePX3050, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2030 PSI (roughly 34 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.76 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Westinghouse ePX3050's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13.5 x W14 x H16.5 in, the Westinghouse ePX3050 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the ePX3050 convenience of transport. The handle remains sturdy and will never fall apart, as it is molded in the frame.
With a weight of only 19 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of four solid wheels.
The Westinghouse ePX3050 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.16 gal tank. It must be noted that the Westinghouse ePX3050 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 15 ft ⌀25/64" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Westinghouse ePX3050 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Westinghouse ePX3050 comes with nozzle cleaner, power cord, wand, spray gun and pressure hose.
The Westinghouse ePX3050's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Westinghouse ePX3050 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2030 PSI max pressure output, the Westinghouse ePX3050 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $150-170 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR, which reaches up to 2400 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.76 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- Boasting with 3572.8 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the ePX3050 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR and its 4200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3500 and 4000 Cleaning Units, the Westinghouse ePX3050 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Other model numbers||ePX3000|
|Soap tank||0.16 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||15 ft, ⌀25/64|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.5 x 14 x 16.5 in|
|Wheels||4 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since its founding in 1886 by George Westinghouse, the Westinghouse brand has become synonymous with electric power. With a wide-ranging product line supporting heavy industry, municipal power grids, and home appliances, the company has maintained innovation as one of its core values. Westinghouse has several partnerships and controlling stakes in media enterprises and manufacturing conglomerates worldwide, including Viacom and Electrolux. Products for the homeowner and contractor marketed under the Westinghouse brand are produced in facilities worldwide, and include outdoor power equipment such as pressure washers and portable generators.
The Westinghouse ePX3050 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse pressure washers, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.