The Westinghouse ePX3100 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2050 PSI and flow of 1.76 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Soap tank||0.16 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀25/64|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.5 x 14 x 16.5 in|
|Wheels||4 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Westinghouse ePX3100
The Westinghouse ePX3100 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
The Westinghouse ePX3100's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2050 PSI (approximately 34 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.76 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1800 PSI and rated flow is 1.24 GPM. The Westinghouse ePX3100 thus has a cleaning power of 2232 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Westinghouse ePX3100's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13.5 x W14 x H16.5 in, the Westinghouse ePX3100 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the ePX3100 convenience of transport. The handle remains sturdy and will never fall apart, as it is molded in the frame.
With a weight of only 19 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of four solid wheels.
The Westinghouse ePX3100 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.16 gal tank. The Westinghouse ePX3100 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀25/64" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Westinghouse ePX3100 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Westinghouse ePX3100 also comes with spray gun, wand, nozzle cleaner, power cord and pressure hose.
The Westinghouse ePX3100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Westinghouse ePX3100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Westinghouse ePX3100, which can reach up to 2050 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $120 and $150. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse EPX3500 with 2500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.76 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- With a rather impressive value of 2232 Cleaning Units, the ePX3100 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE1600 and its 2560 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Westinghouse ePX3100 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- High PSI for the price
- High GPM for the price
- High CU for the price
- Anti-tipping, thanks to a low center of gravity
- No detergent dilution mechanism
Since its founding in 1886 by George Westinghouse, the Westinghouse brand has become synonymous with electric power. With a wide-ranging product line supporting heavy industry, municipal power grids, and home appliances, the company has maintained innovation as one of its core values. Westinghouse has several partnerships and controlling stakes in media enterprises and manufacturing conglomerates worldwide, including Viacom and Electrolux. Products for the homeowner and contractor marketed under the Westinghouse brand are produced in facilities worldwide, and include outdoor power equipment such as pressure washers and portable generators.
The Westinghouse ePX3100 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse pressure washers, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
I was very satisfied with the design and operation of the ePX3000 pressure washer. This washer was my replacement for an older competitor’s unit. The improvements: higher pressure, higher flow rate and multiple spray nozzles; and unit’s stability with low profile (will not tip over).
My first job was to clean our sandstone retainer wall from dirty black algae to light beige, done much quicker and easier than previous unit. Next will be cleaning the driveway and garage floor.
Great for homeowner.