The Westinghouse ePX3100v is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.76 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀25/64|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 15 x 8 x 11 in|
|Included accessories||Steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Westinghouse ePX3100v
In summary, the Westinghouse ePX3100v is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2100 PSI (roughly 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.76 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1800 PSI and rated flow is 1.2 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the ePX3100v gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L15 x W8 x H11 in, the Westinghouse ePX3100v makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the ePX3100v convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
With a weight of only 18 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. This light weight compensates for the fact that the ePX3100v doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
The Westinghouse ePX3100v's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft ⌀25/64" high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a steel wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Westinghouse ePX3100v features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Westinghouse ePX3100v also comes with wand, power cord, spray gun, pressure hose and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Westinghouse ePX3100v's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Westinghouse ePX3100v compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Westinghouse ePX3100v, which can reach up to 2100 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $100 and $130. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse ePX3500 with 2500 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.76 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- The 2160 Cleaning Units, of the ePX3100v result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Pulsar PWE2001V, which can reach up to 3200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Westinghouse ePX3100v is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Since its founding in 1886 by George Westinghouse, the Westinghouse brand has become synonymous with electric power. With a wide-ranging product line supporting heavy industry, municipal power grids, and home appliances, the company has maintained innovation as one of its core values. Westinghouse has several partnerships and controlling stakes in media enterprises and manufacturing conglomerates worldwide, including Viacom and Electrolux. Products for the homeowner and contractor marketed under the Westinghouse brand are produced in facilities worldwide, and include outdoor power equipment such as pressure washers and portable generators.
The Westinghouse ePX3100v is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse pressure washers, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.