The Westinghouse WPX2600 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2600 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Westinghouse WPX2600
The Westinghouse WPX2600 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 161 cc (4.1 hp) engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2600 PSI (roughly 43 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 5200 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Westinghouse engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Westinghouse WPX2600 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L21 x W18 x H38.5 in. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the WPX2600 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 59.5 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 161 cc Westinghouse engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the WPX2600 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Westinghouse WPX2600 comes with a spray gun, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. It must be noted that the Westinghouse WPX2600 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (2600 PSI rating) can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun: The included ergonomic EnduraGrasp spray gun can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Westinghouse WPX2600's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Westinghouse WPX2600 comes with pressure hose, tool kit, oil, soap hose, funnel, nozzle cleaner and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Westinghouse WPX2600 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Westinghouse WPX2600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Westinghouse WPX2600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Westinghouse WPX2600 and its 2600 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $200 and $250. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Ryobi RY80544 with 3100 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Ryobi RY80544, with 2.5 GPM.
- The WPX2600 has 5200 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which is considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Ryobi RY80544 and its 7750 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 4700 and 5800 Cleaning Units, the Westinghouse WPX2600 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Engine||161 cc 4.1 HP Westinghouse OHV vertical shaft|
|Pump||Himore Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 18 x 38.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, EnduraGrasp spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since its founding in 1886 by George Westinghouse, the Westinghouse brand has become synonymous with electric power. With a wide-ranging product line supporting heavy industry, municipal power grids, and home appliances, the company has maintained innovation as one of its core values. Westinghouse has several partnerships and controlling stakes in media enterprises and manufacturing conglomerates worldwide, including Viacom and Electrolux. Products for the homeowner and contractor marketed under the Westinghouse brand are produced in facilities worldwide, and include outdoor power equipment such as pressure washers and portable generators.
The Westinghouse WPX2600 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse pressure washers, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.