The Westinghouse WPX2600 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2600 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Westinghouse WPX2600
The Westinghouse WPX2600 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its aluminum axial cam pump, which utilizes a 161 cc (4.1 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 2600 PSI (almost 43 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 5200 Cleaning Units.
The Westinghouse engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.3 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L21 x W18 x H38.5 in, the Westinghouse WPX2600 provides great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the WPX2600 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 59.5 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 161 cc Westinghouse engine and steel tubing frame. The WPX2600 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
The Westinghouse WPX2600's package includes a spray gun, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. As the Westinghouse WPX2600 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (2600 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun: The included ergonomic EnduraGrasp spray gun can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Westinghouse WPX2600's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Westinghouse WPX2600 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, spray gun, pressure hose, oil, soap hose, funnel and tool kit.
- Emissions: The Westinghouse WPX2600 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Westinghouse WPX2600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Westinghouse WPX2600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Westinghouse WPX2600, with a maximum pressure output of 2600 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $195 to $255 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Ryobi RY802900 with 2900 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Powermate 7130, with a GPM of 2.3.
- As the WPX2600 has a total of 5200 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Ryobi RY802900 with its 6670 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 4700 and 5800 Cleaning Units, the Westinghouse WPX2600 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Engine||161 cc 4.1 HP Westinghouse OHV vertical shaft|
|Pump||Himore Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 18 x 38.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, EnduraGrasp spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since its founding in 1886 by George Westinghouse, the Westinghouse brand has become synonymous with electric power. With a wide-ranging product line supporting heavy industry, municipal power grids, and home appliances, the company has maintained innovation as one of its core values. Westinghouse has several partnerships and controlling stakes in media enterprises and manufacturing conglomerates worldwide, including Viacom and Electrolux. Products for the homeowner and contractor marketed under the Westinghouse brand are produced in facilities worldwide, and include outdoor power equipment such as pressure washers and portable generators.
The Westinghouse WPX2600 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse pressure washers, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.