The Westinghouse WPX2600 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2600 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Westinghouse WPX2600
The Westinghouse WPX2600 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Westinghouse WPX2600's aluminum axial cam pump, powered by a 161 cc (4.1 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2600 PSI (approximately 43 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Westinghouse WPX2600 thus has a cleaning power of 5200 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Westinghouse engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Westinghouse WPX2600 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L21 x W18 x H38.5 in. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the WPX2600 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 59.5 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 161 cc Westinghouse engine and its steel tubing frame. The WPX2600 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Westinghouse WPX2600 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The Westinghouse WPX2600 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (2600 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included ergonomic EnduraGrasp spray gun.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Westinghouse WPX2600's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Westinghouse WPX2600 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, funnel, pressure hose, tool kit, soap hose, nozzle cleaner and oil.
- Emissions: The Westinghouse WPX2600 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Westinghouse WPX2600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Westinghouse WPX2600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Westinghouse WPX2600 and its 2600 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $195 and $255. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Ryobi RY803001 with a PSI of 3000.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Ryobi RY802925, that can deliver up to 2.5 GPM.
- The WPX2600's Cleaning Units, 5200 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Ryobi RY802925 with its 7250 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 4700 and 5800 Cleaning Units, the Westinghouse WPX2600 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Engine||161 cc 4.1 HP Westinghouse OHV vertical shaft|
|Pump||Himore Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 18 x 38.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, EnduraGrasp spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since its founding in 1886 by George Westinghouse, the Westinghouse brand has become synonymous with electric power. With a wide-ranging product line supporting heavy industry, municipal power grids, and home appliances, the company has maintained innovation as one of its core values. Westinghouse has several partnerships and controlling stakes in media enterprises and manufacturing conglomerates worldwide, including Viacom and Electrolux. Products for the homeowner and contractor marketed under the Westinghouse brand are produced in facilities worldwide, and include outdoor power equipment such as pressure washers and portable generators.
The Westinghouse WPX2600 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse pressure washers, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.