The Westinghouse WPX2700 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2700 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212cc Westinghouse OHV horizontal shaft|
|Pump||LX Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19.5 x 39 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, EnduraGrasp spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Westinghouse WPX2700
In a nutshell, the Westinghouse WPX2700 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
Powered by a powerful 212 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2700 PSI (around 45 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Westinghouse WPX2700 has a cleaning power of 6210 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Westinghouse engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.9 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Westinghouse WPX2700 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L21 x W19.5 x H39 in. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the WPX2700 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 63 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 212 cc Westinghouse engine and its steel tubing frame. But, as the WPX2700 does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Westinghouse WPX2700 comes with a spray gun, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.5 gal tank. As the Westinghouse WPX2700 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (2700 PSI rating) can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun: The included ergonomic EnduraGrasp spray gun can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Westinghouse WPX2700 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Westinghouse WPX2700 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, oil, tool kit, spray gun, pressure hose and funnel.
- Emissions: The Westinghouse WPX2700 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Westinghouse WPX2700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Westinghouse WPX2700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Westinghouse WPX2700, with a maximum pressure output of 2700 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $210 to $255 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Ryobi RY802925 with 2900 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Kärcher G2900E, with 2.6 GPM.
- The WPX2700 has 6210 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Kärcher G2900E and its 7540 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Westinghouse WPX2700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- Decent PSI for the price
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
Since its founding in 1886 by George Westinghouse, the Westinghouse brand has become synonymous with electric power. With a wide-ranging product line supporting heavy industry, municipal power grids, and home appliances, the company has maintained innovation as one of its core values. Westinghouse has several partnerships and controlling stakes in media enterprises and manufacturing conglomerates worldwide, including Viacom and Electrolux. Products for the homeowner and contractor marketed under the Westinghouse brand are produced in facilities worldwide, and include outdoor power equipment such as pressure washers and portable generators.
The Westinghouse WPX2700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse pressure washers, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.
Bought the WPX2700 on Amazon. It’s my first pressure washer and it is working great so far. Used it to wash my house using 1 gallon of Mold Armor and straight water for rinsing. Easy to assemble, powerful pressure, easy starting, and comes with a standard 3 year residential warranty or a 1 year commercial warranty. So far I’m satisfied with this washer.
I bought this machine used it one time it was brand new it has no pressure it just barely sprays any water at all