The Westinghouse WPX2700 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2700 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Westinghouse WPX2700
In summary, the Westinghouse WPX2700 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 212 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2700 PSI (around 45 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Westinghouse WPX2700 has a cleaning power of 6210 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Westinghouse engine.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.9 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Westinghouse WPX2700 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L21 x W19.5 x H39 in. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the WPX2700 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 63 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 212 cc Westinghouse engine and its steel tubing frame. But, as the WPX2700 does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Westinghouse WPX2700 comes with a spray gun, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.5 gal tank. As the Westinghouse WPX2700 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (2700 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun: The included ergonomic EnduraGrasp spray gun can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Westinghouse WPX2700's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Westinghouse WPX2700 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get funnel, oil, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, spray gun and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Westinghouse WPX2700 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Westinghouse WPX2700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Westinghouse WPX2700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2700 PSI, the Westinghouse WPX2700 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $180 and $260. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the A-iPower APW3100 that can reach up to 3100 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Ryobi RY802925 has the highest GPM of 2.5.
- With the WPX2700's 6210 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to gas-powered units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the A-iPower APW3100 and its 7750 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Westinghouse WPX2700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc Westinghouse OHV horizontal shaft|
|Pump||LX Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19.5 x 39 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, EnduraGrasp spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since its founding in 1886 by George Westinghouse, the Westinghouse brand has become synonymous with electric power. With a wide-ranging product line supporting heavy industry, municipal power grids, and home appliances, the company has maintained innovation as one of its core values. Westinghouse has several partnerships and controlling stakes in media enterprises and manufacturing conglomerates worldwide, including Viacom and Electrolux. Products for the homeowner and contractor marketed under the Westinghouse brand are produced in facilities worldwide, and include outdoor power equipment such as pressure washers and portable generators.
The Westinghouse WPX2700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse pressure washers, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.