The Westinghouse WPX2700 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2700 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc Westinghouse OHV horizontal shaft|
|Pump||LX Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19.5 x 39 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, EnduraGrasp spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Westinghouse WPX2700
In summary, the Westinghouse WPX2700 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 212 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2700 PSI (around 45 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Westinghouse WPX2700 has a cleaning power of 6210 Cleaning Units.
The Westinghouse engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.9 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L21 x W19.5 x H39 in, the Westinghouse WPX2700 provides great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the WPX2700 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 63 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 212 cc Westinghouse engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels, the WPX2700 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Westinghouse WPX2700's package includes a spray gun, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.5 gal tank. As the Westinghouse WPX2700 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (2700 PSI rating), which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included ergonomic EnduraGrasp spray gun.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Westinghouse WPX2700's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Westinghouse WPX2700 comes with nozzle cleaner, funnel, tool kit, pressure hose, oil and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Westinghouse WPX2700 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Westinghouse WPX2700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Westinghouse WPX2700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2700 PSI max pressure output, the Westinghouse WPX2700 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $225-270 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the A-iPower APW3100, which reaches up to 3100 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.3 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Ryobi RY802925, with a GPM of 2.5.
- As the WPX2700 has a total of 6210 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the A-iPower APW3100, which can reach up to 7750 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Westinghouse WPX2700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Since its founding in 1886 by George Westinghouse, the Westinghouse brand has become synonymous with electric power. With a wide-ranging product line supporting heavy industry, municipal power grids, and home appliances, the company has maintained innovation as one of its core values. Westinghouse has several partnerships and controlling stakes in media enterprises and manufacturing conglomerates worldwide, including Viacom and Electrolux. Products for the homeowner and contractor marketed under the Westinghouse brand are produced in facilities worldwide, and include outdoor power equipment such as pressure washers and portable generators.
The Westinghouse WPX2700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse pressure washers, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.