The Westinghouse WPX2700e is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2700 PSI and flow of 1.76 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 19 x 18.5 x 37.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Westinghouse WPX2700e
The Westinghouse WPX2700e, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
Using a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2700 PSI (roughly 45 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.76 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 2400 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Westinghouse WPX2700e's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Westinghouse WPX2700e is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D19 x W18.5 x H37.5 in. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the WPX2700e convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 39.7 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 10" never-flat wheels.
The Westinghouse WPX2700e's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.5 gal tank. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Westinghouse WPX2700e's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Westinghouse WPX2700e also comes with spray gun, power cord, wand and pressure hose.
The Westinghouse WPX2700e's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Westinghouse WPX2700e compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Westinghouse WPX2700e, reaching a PSI of up to 2700, is one of the more powerful electric units in $240-300 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Greenworks GPW3000 with a PSI of 3000.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.76 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, which can reach up to 2.3 GPM.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2640 Cleaning Units of the WPX2700e are average. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Greenworks GPW3000 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Westinghouse WPX2700e is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Induction motor
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- High PSI for the price
- High GPM for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- The Westinghouse WPX2700e doesn't have any notably low specs.
Since its founding in 1886 by George Westinghouse, the Westinghouse brand has become synonymous with electric power. With a wide-ranging product line supporting heavy industry, municipal power grids, and home appliances, the company has maintained innovation as one of its core values. Westinghouse has several partnerships and controlling stakes in media enterprises and manufacturing conglomerates worldwide, including Viacom and Electrolux. Products for the homeowner and contractor marketed under the Westinghouse brand are produced in facilities worldwide, and include outdoor power equipment such as pressure washers and portable generators.
The Westinghouse WPX2700e is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse pressure washers, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.