The Westinghouse WPX3400 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19.5 x 39 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, nozzle cleaner, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Westinghouse WPX3400
In summary, the Westinghouse WPX3400 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 212 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3400 PSI (around 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Westinghouse WPX3400 has a cleaning power of 8840 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.9 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W19.5 x H39 in, the Westinghouse WPX3400 offers great mobility. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the WPX3400 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 63 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 212 cc engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the WPX3400 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Westinghouse WPX3400's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.5 gal tank. The Westinghouse WPX3400 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 12:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Westinghouse WPX3400 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Westinghouse WPX3400 also comes with wand, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, funnel and oil.
- Emissions: The Westinghouse WPX3400 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Westinghouse WPX3400's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Westinghouse WPX3400 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Westinghouse WPX3400, reaching a PSI of up to 3400, is one of the most powerful gas-powered units in $300-400 price range.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.6 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370 has the highest GPM of 3.
- Boasting with 8840 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the WPX3400 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Westinghouse WPX3400 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Since its founding in 1886 by George Westinghouse, the Westinghouse brand has become synonymous with electric power. With a wide-ranging product line supporting heavy industry, municipal power grids, and home appliances, the company has maintained innovation as one of its core values. Westinghouse has several partnerships and controlling stakes in media enterprises and manufacturing conglomerates worldwide, including Viacom and Electrolux. Products for the homeowner and contractor marketed under the Westinghouse brand are produced in facilities worldwide, and include outdoor power equipment such as pressure washers and portable generators.
The Westinghouse WPX3400 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Westinghouse pressure washers, please consult Westinghouse's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-855-944-3571.