The Worx WG601 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1500 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 16.9 x 12.5 x 11.9 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Worx WG601
In summary, the Worx WG601 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1500 PSI (roughly 25 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1800 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Worx WG601's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L16.9 x W12.5 x H11.9 in, the Worx WG601 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the WG601 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 15.6 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. Even though the WG601 doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Worx WG601's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: This washer comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The 2 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Worx WG601 features a handy storage tray, which allows you to neatly store all its nozzles. The storage solution offered by this model is quite singular, as it allows storing the nozzles directly on the gun, instead of on the unit.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Worx WG601 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, power cord, wand, spray gun and nozzle cleaner.
The Worx WG601's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Worx WG601 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Worx WG601 with its 1500 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $170-200 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Craftsman CMEPW2400, which reaches up to 2400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4000, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- The WG601's Cleaning Units, 1800 CU (PSI X GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Pulsar PWE2000 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Worx WG601 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Onboard storage
- Could include more nozzles
- Foam cannon not included
- No pressure hose storage
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States.
The Worx WG601 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Worx pressure washers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).
I purchased a WG601 Pressure Washer and discovered it didn’t include the soap unit. This is a major disipointment, as of now, I can’t locate this unit.
sorry sorry sorry