The Worx WG605 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap tank||0.6 gal|
|Nozzles||40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Worx WG605
The Worx WG605 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (almost 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the WG605 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Worx WG605 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The robust and sturdy metal frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the WG605 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 17.2 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Because the WG605 is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
Along with the Worx WG605 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.6 gal tank. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Worx WG605's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Worx WG605 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, power cord, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner and wand.
The Worx WG605's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Worx WG605 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Worx WG605, which can reach a PSI of 1800, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $120 and $150. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX with 2050 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Westinghouse ePX3050, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the WG605 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Westinghouse ePX3050 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Worx WG605 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States.
The Worx WG605 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Worx pressure washers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).