The Worx WG605 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (104°F max.)
|13 amp, universal
|40°, Soap, Turbo
|Quick connect nozzles
(D x W x H)
|Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Worx WG605
The Worx WG605 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the WG605 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Worx WG605 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The strong metal frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the WG605 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 17.2 lbs. This light weight compensates for the fact that the WG605 doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
The Worx WG605's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.6 gal tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Use with caution
|Siding, gutters, house
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Worx WG605's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Worx WG605 also comes with spray gun, wand, pressure hose, power cord and nozzle cleaner.
The Worx WG605's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Worx WG605 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Worx WG605, with a maximum pressure output of 1800 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $100 to $130 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4003-ULT with 2200 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with a GPM of 1.8.
- As the WG605 has a total of 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the WEN PW1900 with its 3200 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Worx WG605 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Worx is a Chinese company that makes power tools and other equipment for lawn and garden applications. The brand is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation and has a strong presence in both China and the United States.
The Worx WG605 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Worx pressure washers, please consult Worx's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-354-WORX (9679).